Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition
644 Cesery Blvd., Suite 210
Jacksonville, Florida 32211
Phone: 904-723-5422 x113
Infant Mortality Programs, Pregnancy Center, Family Support and Education in Jacksonville
The Healthy Start Coalition leads a cooperative community effort to reduce infant mortality & improve the health of children, childbearing women and their families in Northeast Florida.
Healthy Start is a program that provides services you may want to help you have and care for a healthy baby. Healthy Start is voluntary, free of charge and available to all families in the community.
Any pregnant woman or child birth to one year of age who lives in Florida can receive services. To enroll is Healthy Start, ask your doctor or health care provider. Healthy Start services include:
- Help and information on:
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
- Eating healthy
- Family planning
- Child safety
- Personal support staff
- Home visits
- Information and referral
- Parenting education and support
- Childbirth preparation
Call your local office for more information:
Duval County, all zip codes: 904.253.1390
Baker County: 904.259.8267
Clay County: 904.682.7081
Nassau County: 904.548.1810 x5272
St. Johns County: 904.825.5055 x1062
Things you can do to have a healthy baby:
- Take a multivitamin with folic acid each day.
- Avoid alcohol, smoking and drugs.
- Eat fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Keep all doctor appointments.
- Practice safe sex to avoid STDs and unplanned pregnancies.
- Keep at least two years between each pregnancy.
- Choose breastfeeding – best for mom and baby.
- Put babies to sleep alone on their backs in cribs to prevent sleep-related deaths.
- Teach babysitters, grandparents and friends how to care for babies.